Other sidebar options
A larger example
The following is the source for the current
. (A desciption of each
section follows below.)
Comapre this to
the generated page
- The title: entry sets the title
at the top of the sidebar.
- The web server normally works this out from the entry in the sidebar
one level above the current one but in this case there wasn't one.
- You will confuse your readers (and probably the
sidebar-generating program) if the title of the sidebar is not the
same as the link title of that directory in the sidebar above. So
don't do that.
- The crumbs: entry sets the name of this
directory in the breadcrumb tail at the top and bottom of the page.
This should be very short as people already know
where they are. This defaults to the text of the link for this
directory in the parent sidebar one level above this.
- The lines starting with dashes specify a separator with an
optional title. The number of dashes is not critical but there must be
at least two.