Chair of Student-Staff Liaison Committee
This role is held by a student who should be familiar with the following documents:
Specific activities include:
- Chair meetings of the School of Physics SSLC: request agenda items; convene and chair 1 meetings;
check and arrange distribution of minutes; follow-up and initiate action on matters raised; report back to next meeting.
- Attend other relevant meetings in the School, e.g. School Meetings and Teaching Committee Meetings for the discussion of SSLC Minutes
- Submit annual report to the School Meeting
- Co-ordinate course representatives in the School
- provide a link with academic representatives in other Schools by sitting on the Students' Guild' Academic Affairs Committee.
- Help individual students to resolve problems or queries, either through meetings in the School, or
referring the student on to the appropriate person in the University or Guild.
- Co-ordinate academic representation within the School, by keeping in regular contact with other SSLC members.
- Maintain information about the School in the 'Yellow Folder' in the Guild Education Unit.
- Liaise with the Handbook Editor in order to provide information about its useability from a student perspective.
The schedule of meetings is given in the SSLC Terms of Reference.
|3 weeks before meeting||Advertise date of next meeting and request agenda items|
|1 weeks before meeting||Circulate agenda|
|At meeting||Chair Meeting|
|1 week after meeting||Check, then circulate draft minutes within School.|
Links Within School