Radiation Protection Supervisor (RPS)
As specified in the University Rules. At the time of writing (September 2007):
- To ensure that all workers within a particular group observe the Local Rules,
Schemes of Work and Regulations.
- To ensure that suitable and appropriate training is provided for
all radiation workers under his supervision.
- To report to the College Radiation Protection Office (RPO), to whom the RPS is directly responsible, any changes
in the nature of the work carried out by his group and any incidents involving
- To keep records of the acquisition of radioactive substances and their
use and disposal by a particular group. These records must be made available
to the SRPO in a form laid down by him.
- To inform the SRPO of new workers and to help in their training.
To inform the SRPO of the cessation of radiation work by existing workers.
- To monitor regularly, where appropriate and as laid down in the Local Rules,
for radioactive contamination and leakage from equipment generating ionising
radiations. To keep records of such monitoring.
- To keep a record of the location of sealed and unsealed sources and to
check this inventory regularly at a frequency laid down in the Local Rules.
The records must be made available to the SRPO and be in a format laid
- To bring to the attention of the SRPO any other matters of which he
should be aware.
Links Within College