Computer Network and Webserver Manager
- Ensure the efficient operation of computer network.
- Plan and implement its future development.
- Liaise with IT Services concerning connection to campus and beyond.
- Enable those managing computer equipment to connect to the network for the academic purposes of the School.
- Authorise on behalf on the HoS the connection of devices to the network under section 5.3 in accordance with the Regulations for the use of Computing Facilities.
- Manage the range of IP addresses assigned to the School.
- Prevent equipment connected to the network from interfering with other users of the network.
- Advise the School and its members on networking issues.
- Maintain an efficient and reliable WWW server.
- Maintain and develop the front page and overall structure of the server.
- Develop guidelines as circumstances require for the style and behaviour, and accessiblity of School WWW pages.
- Enable School members to publish their own pages on the WWW for the academic purposes of the School.
- Advise the School and its members on good practice for publishing material on the WWW.
- Deal appropriately with email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On receipt of signed consent form, facilitate creation of directory linked to
http://newton.ex.ac.uk/staff/ for new staff members. Forward
consent forms to School Administrator for filing with personnel records.
Links Within School