On Line Resources
PHY3143 Advanced Electromagnetism
The following online resources support PHY3143 Advanced Electromagnetism
delivered by Prof. J.R. Sambles.
Self-Tests for Revision
- Fundamental Equations elrev1.pdf
Maxwell's equations, continuity equation, fields in media, etc.
- Important Quantities elrev2.pdf
Maxwell's euqations, wave-equations, magnetic dipole, etc.
- Properties of the 'Del' Operator elrev3.pdf
Expressions for the gradient and curl of sums, products and functions of fields, etc.
Answers to Buzz Problems
For follow-up study after a problem has been tackled in class.
- el0.pdf Some useful maths.
- el1.pdf E-field due to a plane of charge.
- el2.pdf B-field due to a current loop.
- el3.pdf EMF due to changing B-field.
- el4.pdf B-field component of E/M wave.
- el5.pdf Energy density of E-field in coax cable.
- el6.pdf Superposition of polarised E/M waves.
- el7.pdf Superposition and reflection of E/M waves.
- el8.pdf AC conductivity of a metal
- el9.pdf Plasma frequency.
- el10.pdf Why is the sky blue?
- el11.pdf Radiation pressure.
See also: Physics resources
by other people.