"Did I say that?"
A collection of Rowe-isms
If you've got any favourite Rowe-isms that don't appear here, please mail them to email@example.com and I'll stick them on the list! Coming soon, the John Rowe fan club home pages!!
Everything you wanted to know about John but were afraid to ask...
- "Everything should be prohibited unless it is specifically allowed."
- "Only deranged mutants don't use the standard setup."
- "You're not meant to love it; it's just a tool."
- "Never ascribe to malice what can be explained by incompetence!"
- "Never do anything that can't do you any good, and may do you some harm."
- "Don't ask what you can do with the technology, ask what the technology can do for you."
- "Most problems are either trivial if they are someone else's, or unsolvable if they are yours."
John on trivia:
- "What you've got to remember is, I know everything [pause] except things I don't know."
- "I won't do quotes to order."
John on diplomacy:
- "I hear you've been tormenting one of my users..."
- "The only good user is a dead user."
- "You've got to be cruel to be cruel."
- "I've got to ask this question even though I know the answer..."
- "That's like sending me a recipe for blueberry muffins in the hope that I would infer you wanted to borrow a library book."
- "There are some times when I'm quite proud to be British."
Paul Leary says:
- "Southern is as Southern does."
Created by Chris Ewels; maintained by Chris Latham.
Last modified: 16th January 2004
Back to the Physics home page...
HTML 3.2: [W3C][WDG]